CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Der Weinerschnitzel !









I haven't experienced any pickles and ice cream type, odd cravings. But I have let my food guard down and my new, old favorite has become Der Weinerschnitzel. Lucky for me there is one in downtown Livermore. Last night I split a deluxe cheeseburger with Beto, had my own ketchup dog, corn dog and fries! I know! I'm going to be as big as a house! But oh my is it ever delicious.


One evening, Beto and I were watching '27 Dresses' on HBO and there's a line in there where she orders a chili cheese dog. As soon as the line was delivered, I looked at Beto with chili cheese dog dreams in my eyes and off we went that very minute to get dinner. I actually ended up ordering chili cheese fries instead of the dog but oooh were they tasty.


I remember the A-frame style one that used to be on A St in Hayward. There was no where to sit but outside with all the hungry pigeons. The birds did not fear humans, they'd sit on the chair next to you waiting for you to throw them a morsel. I also remember walking there from Sunset during Band Camp. You couldn't make the walk during regular school time lunch, it was too far. But we would have a longer lunch time at Band Camp. That one is gone now, it was moved and rebuilt just up the street when they put in the new Lucky shopping center.


This isn't the Hayward one, but it looked just like this.

2 comments:

ptrap said...

Oh the Schnitzel! You remind of things...walking there from camp, all the birds, good times. Corn dogs yum. Ron, didn't Mike Angellar work there?

Ron said...

Mike Angellar did work there. Jen made me think "This one time in band camp, we went to Weinerschnitzel." I chuckled a little.