CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

5 months, 1 week, 1.5 days



Self-portrait, the final cut was easily the 5th or 6th picture. My face looks a little too happy for taking my own picture, but I know nobody is looking at my face. Everyone looks at my ever-expanding belly. Here it is in all its glory at 5 months+.

I have to say I'm bit intimidated to post since the excitement that Beto's post brought. But I must keep going...

Let's see, what's happened? Well, we had a Dr. appointment on Monday. Dr lady says I am having a "text book" pregnancy. Everything is as it should be. No ultrasounds this time, just the heartbeat doppler. She had a hard time getting him to stay still to listen to his heartbeat. But she chased him around until he tired out and the heartbeat sounded good and strong. She mentioned that his active movement is a good thing, means the nervous system, muscles and bones are all developing well. It may be good now because I still can't feel all of it but what about when he's bigger? He'll be punching out all my internal organs! I can feel him from time to time, feels like bubbles popping. He's especially frisky in the early evening, when I'm relaxing on the couch. Last night was the first night I actually SAW one of the kicks. Right to the side of my belly button, looked like Alien was trying to pop out for a split second. He kicks...and he scores!!!Beto was cute, he sat all evening with his hand on my belly so he could feel one. We felt quite a few together.

I have a new unwelcome symptom, heartburn! Ugh, it's the worst. Seems every night after I go to sleep, I wake up with acid burning my throat. I stumble to the kitchen to gobble down some Tums. Last night was really bad, so I got smart and just decided to keep the Tums on the bedside table. I plan to just take some before I go to bed and try to keep ahead of it. We'll see.

Dr says at this point in my pregnancy I can expect to gain a pound a week!!! A pound a week! Are you trying to kill me? I'm going to need to get around in a Lark.

4 comments:

ptrap said...

a) I love your shirt in your pic
b) Your pic is so cute it makes me sad that I am not around for this
c) Mylanta works better than Tums...get the orange flavor if you can. And those squishy Rolaids don't work at all. Prilosec works like a CHARM but not sure if you can take it?

jdt n 925 said...

i can only take rolaids and/or tums. so far the tums have done the trick. yum, berry flavor chalk tablets. OH, that shirt! It is cute but a Ross special. Right after that pic I took it off and found that it had stained my armpits black!! hahahaah. guess i should have washed it first.

nancy said...

precious one, sleep with more pillows under your head. don't lie too flat. should help with the heartburn.

Lori said...

Jen - it's your cousin, Lori. You look great. I'm so happy for you and Beto. Guess what? Me, too. I'm freaking out. Just about 13 weeks.