CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Next major life event

Sorry for my absenteeism, I've been busy in babylandia. Max is 3 1/2 months and our days are getting a bit more predictable which allows me some bits of free time. For those of you that have kept up with my blog, you'll remember Beto and I got engaged last November. With all the baby prep, the wedding idea was pushed to the back burner. I still very much wanted to do it but, how was I going to plan a wedding? I can't even get 10 minutes to myself to take a shower?!
We had always had a September date in mind, initially it was Sept 16th. That was the day last year when I found out I was pregnant. But it falls on a Wednesday, so we chose September 19th, the next closest Saturday and the numbers are cool 9/19/09. Since I began looking in July, most places laughed at me and smugly told me that all of their Saturdays for the year have been booked for some time. Hmmf. OK, need to change the date.
The place I really wanted is called the Palm Event Center, it's connected to the Mitchell-Katz winery here in Livermore. We had a meeting there for work awhile back and I knew then that's the place I want to get married in. I had called them last year, when we first got engaged and even then all their Saturdays were booked. But Beto told me to just call and check, maybe a day opened up. I called and the stars must have been aligned because she told me they did have a cancellation on Friday Sept. 25th. I wasn't thrilled with a Friday, but it's the place I wanted and they agreed to work within our budget. So we booked it.
Needless to say we had some quick plans and decisions to make. Pam and I planned the wedding on the computer. I would sneak in online time while Max napped, as I'm doing now. We did everything within weeks and we're good to go! Ha- who needs a year to plan a wedding?!

1 comments:

ptrap said...

Yea! More posts, please! I'm going to start posting more, too!